Category Archives: Corruption
Every 3rd year of a presidency, they manipulate the gas prices in order to lower them in the 4th year, the election year
Every 3rd year of a presidency, they manipulate the gas prices in order to lower them in the 4th year, the election year.
They raise gas prices in order to cash out, one last time before their puppet is possibly taken away.
They did the same thing in Bush’s 3rd year, then around election time, all the prices went down and the leading candidate took credit.
The 3rd year of every presidency is always, always the money grabbing year.
Gas prices are manipulated especially in the 3rd year of every presidency. Trust us.
Obama “All In” for Sen. Candidate/Mob Banker Who Loaned $20M to a Guy Named “Jaws”, Michael “Jaws” Giorango
By Fred Dardick
“President Obama has thrown his political weight behind Chicago mob banker and basketball buddy, Alexi Giannoulias, in a brazen attempt to help elect one of the sleaziest Democrat politicians around to his old Illinois Senate seat.
Last week Obama man David Plouffe held a conference call with reporters to reinforce that Obama was “all in” with his support for Illinois State Treasurer Giannoulias over Republican challenger Rep. Mark Kirk. While Plouffe spent much of his time bashing Kirk, “Congressman Kirk has shown himself to be a fan of fiction’‘, there was no mention of Giannoulias’ approval of $20 million in loans to Chicago mob figure while he was Senior Loan Officer at Giannoulias family owned Broadway Bank.
Among other things, Mr. Jaws intended to use Broadway Bank money to build a casino that would provide not only jobs for the community, but also prostitution, loan sharking, drug trafficking and other lucrative “business” opportunities for a “made man” that would come naturally with owning such an operation.
Soon after Giannoulias approved one of the loans, Mr. Jaws was convicted of running a national prostitution ring and sent to prison. To be clear, I’m not accusing Mr. Jaws of wrongdoing (translation: please don’t hurt me!), only pointing out that he found himself one heck of a patsy in Giannoulias.
In 2006 Giannoulias described Mr. Jaws as “a very nice person” to the Chicago Tribune and rationalized to the AP, “If every time someone got arrested the bank threw them out, I think it would be a problem.”
Not surprisingly Giannoulias now denies any association with Mr. Jaws and insists the loans were made without his direct involvement, which would be a miraculous feat considering at the time Giannoulias’ job title was Senior Loan Officer and he has been quoted as saying “You have to understand that it was the family business – I did everything there.”
Democrat corruption not being very high on the Chicago news to do list, a local CBS reporter threatened Rep. Kirk for reminding voters of Giannoulias’ ties to organized crime: “Channel 2’s made a decision. We’re really not going to cover the Senate race, if it consistently only in your terms is about Broadway Bank. The bank’s been taken over by the government, Alexi’s been pilloried.”
Interestingly enough, being a mob banker is politically survivable in Chicago, especially when local news programs bury the story, as Giannoulias is currently leading in the polls by 2 points. However, this may not last as the 34-year-old Giannoulias has a long history of shady dealings that are finally making it to the light of day.
During Giannoulias’ time as Senior Loan Officer, Broadway Bank was transformed from a local south side stalwart, to a risky loan operator that financed not only Mr. Jaw’s burgeoning criminal empire, but shady real estate dealings throughout the City of Chicago.
Soon after Giannoulias’s departure in 2006, but while he still maintained an ownership stake, Broadway Bank loaned $22.75 million to convicted felon and Obama insider Tony Rezco to finance a condo development project that never got off the ground.
In 2007 and 2008, smelling blood in the water, the Giannoulias family cashed in over $70 million worth of dividends leaving the bank hopelessly under funded. Broadway Bank collapsed in April leaving the FDIC (taxpayers) on the hook for hundreds of millions in losses and the Giannoulias family, ironically enough, eligible for an additional $10-15 million in tax refunds.
Last week Congressional candidate Joel Pollack, who is running for Rep. Jan Schakowsky’s House seat on the north side of Chicago, reported that soon after Giannoulias’ 2007 election as Illinois State Treasurer, the Illinois Student Assistance Commission (ISAC), a state-run college fund whose Executive Officer reports to Giannoulias, invested $12.7 million in another a favorite slush fund for Chicago area Democrats, ShoreBank.
The ShoreBank investment, made under Giannoulias’ leadership, was the only one in a private company by the ISAC. Unfortunately for them, the bank will likely go bankrupt in the next few weeks taking the Illinois student’s money and Chicago Democrat’s favorite political ATM machine down with it.
As explained by Pollack, “There is no way to spin ISAC’s ShoreBank investment. No reasonable investor, not even one working for the government, would choose to buy the largest stake in a business specializing in risky loans as their first investment in a privately held company. The only reasonable conclusion is that ISAC invested in ShoreBank for political, not financial, reasons.”
While Giannoulias would like to position himself as a political white knight whose only interest is to serve the public good, in reality he is a mob banker and thief whose true loyalties lie with the Democrat sleaze-mongers in Chicago and his political godfather, President Obama.”
Ill. Senate Candidate’s Bank Made $20 Million in Loans to Felons
Democrat ‘Mob Banker’s’ Bank Loaned $23 Mil to Tony Rezko
A new headache for Giannoulias? Another Rezko loan
His family bank lent $22.75 million, in newly uncovered deal
“Rezko’s relationship with the bank developed through his friendship with the bank’s founder, family patriarch Alexis Giannoulias, Alexi Giannoulias’ father, who died in June 2006.
Giannoulias’ brother Demetris Giannoulias is the only Broadway Bank official named in public records regarding the loan, which involved a large, vacant piece of property in the South Loop — 62 acres at Roosevelt Road and Clark Street — that Rezko had been trying to develop. He hoped to build more than 4,000 homes along the Chicago River there, but he couldn’t get City Hall to agree to provide $140 million in tax money to help pay to build roads and put in sewers to make the project work.
Broadway Bank made the loan even though another Rezko company, Chicago Hudson LLC, had fallen behind on a $10.9 million loan it got from the bank four years earlier. That loan — for a proposed high-rise condo building at 750 N. Hudson on the Near North Side that never got built — ended up in Bankruptcy Court. The property ended up being sold to another developer. Broadway Bank received $11.5 million from the sale, which took place July 31, 2006.
Following Rezko’s indictment in October 2006, he and his lawyers met in January 2007 with U.S. District Judge Amy St. Eve to discuss his assets. During that closed-door hearing, Rezko disclosed his ownership stake in Riverside District Development, the company that got the $22.75 million loan from Broadway Bank. Rezko’s lawyers said his main partner in Riverside was General Mediterranean Holding, a Luxembourg company controlled by Iraq-born billionaire Nadhmi Auchi.”
Ethics panel says Rep. Waters broke House rules
AP sources: 3 charges filed against Rep. Waters
“Last week Rep. Michelle Bachmann was asked what Republicans had in mind should they retake the House of Representatives this November, she replied “I think that all we should do is issue subpoenas and have one hearing after another and expose all the nonsense that is going on.”
Considering the sheer volume of illegal and impeachable offences committed by Obama and his cohorts over the past couple of years, the House will be very busy indeed. Putting aside Obama’s inept leadership, weakening of our national defenses and transparent attempt to socialize our great nation, there are a number of more practical crimes that once investigated could lead to Obama’s impeachment and perhaps even his well deserved imprisonment.
25 Obama Crimes the House Should Investigate in 2011
- Convicted felon and Chicago real estate developer Tony Rezko’s purchase of land adjacent to Obama’s house in Hyde Park, IL. In 2006, Rezko sold a 10 foot strip of his property to Obama for $104,500, rendering the remainder of Rezko’s $625,000 investment too small to be developed and, for all intents and purposes, worthless.
- The provision of Obama campaign donor lists to ACORN in 2007 and 2008, more complete than the ones he provided to the FEC. ACORN used the lists to raise money for Obama’s election from donors who had already maxed out their legally allowable contributions.
- Widespread voter fraud including voter intimidation, ballot stuffing, falsified documents, and threats of violence against Hillary Clinton supporters committed by the Obama campaign and ACORN during the 2008 Democrat primary election. For more information see my CFP article How Obama Used an Army of Thugs to Steal the 2008 Democratic Party Nomination.
- Obama’s refusal to release his long form birth certificate which would show conclusively that he is a dual citizen and therefore not constitutionally eligible to serve as President. Obama’s college records, which have also not been released, would also contain information regarding his dual citizenship status.
- Protecting union interests over those of GM and Chrysler bond holders during bankruptcy proceedings, forcing investors to accept millions of dollars in losses in direct violation of bankruptcy laws, money to which they were legally entitled.
- Preferential treatment given to minority and women owned car dealerships by Obama administration officials as part of the auto industry bailout program and the forced closing of a disproportionate number of rural dealerships located in areas that did not vote for Obama.
- Unsubstantiated firing of Corporation for National and Community Service Inspector General Gerald Walpin for exposing Sacramento Mayor and Obama supporter Kevin Johnson’s misuse of an $850,000 AmeriCorps grant.
- Purchase of Congressional support for the passage of Obama’s healthcare bill including the “Cornhusker Kickback”, “Louisiana Purchase” and having the Department of Interior increase water allocations to the Central Valley of California to secure the votes of Democrat Reps. Dennis Cardoza and Jim Costa.
- Lying to the American people by promising they could keep their healthcare coverage if they wanted to, when in reality tens of millions will be forced out of their current plans.
- Attempted bribery of Rep. Joe Sestak with job offers to get him to drop out of the Senate primary race against Sen. Arlen Specter.
- Directing the EPA to unilaterally set carbon emission standards, thus bypassing Congress which opposes Obama’s energy reform bill. For more information see my CFP article Forget Cap and Trade: EPA Regulation of CO2 Emissions Will Begin in 10 Months.
- The Obama administration’s statement that a panel of experts had agreed with their plan for a 6 month Gulf Coast drilling moratorium, when in actuality none of them had supported the measure.
- Bullying BP to set up a $20 billion slush fund to compensate Gulf Coast businesses and residents affected by the oil spill, to be administered by an Obama political appointee without any judicial or congressional oversight.
- Implementing a third oil-drilling moratorium after the first two were thrown out of court, creating a de facto Gulf Coast offshore drilling ban in opposition to two judge’s rulings.
- Establishment of a commission to investigate the Gulf Coast oil spill that contains not one oil industry expert and whose transparent purpose is to push a partisan political agenda rather than investigate the cause of the disaster.
- Obama’s policy of intentionally not securing our nation’s borders, in opposition to Article IV, Section 4 of the Constitution which calls for the President to protect states from foreign invasion, in an attempt to blackmail Republican support for comprehensive immigration reform. In essence, Obama is holding border states and residents politically hostage during a time they are being overrun by a narco-paramilitary invasion.
- Department of Justice illegal race based policies regarding voter fraud as exposed by former Justice attorney J. Christian Adams. This includes the dropping of voter intimidation charges against 2 Black Panthers brandishing weapons in front of a voting location in Philadelphia and the stated intention by political appointees to ignore voter crimes committed by African Americans, Latinos and other minorities.
- Department of Justice purposefully allowing some states to continue their disenfranchisement of military personnel serving overseas in direct opposition to the 2009 Military and Overseas Voter Empowerment (MOVE) Act, which was established in response to the more than 17,000 military votes that were not counted in the 2008 election because ballots had arrived after the deadline.
- Recess appointment of Donald Berwick as head of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services without even a token attempt to put him through the Congressional nomination process, signaling that Congress’s constitutional obligation to vet presidential appointees means nothing to Obama. The same can be said of the 30+ Obama administration czars.
- Spending $23 million of taxpayer money through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to support a constitutional referendum in Kenya in spite of the Siljander Amendment, which makes it illegal for the U.S. to lobby for abortion in other countries. The Kenyan referendum was partially written by Planned Parenthood and is designed to legalize abortion in that nation.
- The participation of the Obama administration in the firing of Sherry Sherrod from the USDA without due process because of publicized out of context remarks she made at a NAACP meeting in March 2010.
- The White House sham investigation of BP’s involvement in the release of the mass murdering Lockerbie bomber from prison. The Obama administration not only knew beforehand of the Scottish government’s plan to set Abdel Baset al-Megrahi free on “compassionate” grounds, they even sent a letter to Scottish authorities stating their preference for his remaining in Scotland over his transfer to a Libyan prison.
- The canceling of 77 properly filed oil field development contracts approved by the Bush administration by Interior Secretary Ken Salazar, preventing the extraction of up to 3 trillion gallons of oil buried under Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and North Dakota, more than enough to end our dependence on foreign oil and supply the U.S. with its energy needs for hundreds of years at current consumption rates.
- Investigations by the Department of Homeland Security to determine the political affiliation of people making Freedom of Information Act requests and the subsequent delay and even altogether ignoring of requests made by Republican affiliated individuals.
- The hardest to prosecute in court, but worst crime of all that Obama has perpetrated against the American people is the economic tyranny that his socialist policies have wrecked upon our nation. While Obama has been living the life of a king, including frequent 5 star vacations, dozens of concerts at the White House and endless rounds of golf, all paid for by taxpayer money—the increased transportation and security costs alone are in the millions of dollars—he has called for the rest of us to endure economic sacrifice. The annual trillion dollar deficits and borrowing of 41 cents of every dollar of government spending by Obama is leading to unsustainable and potentially catastrophic debt.
From Anita MONCRIEF at http://emergingcorruption.com/
Revealed: The Obama Donor List
“For a number of years traditional print media has been on life support, but after the revelations from Tucker Carlson’s The Daily Caller, it looks like someone finally pulled the plug. The expose on Journolist, a now defunct, listserv that included hundreds of liberal journalists, detailed:
- the Journolisters’ attempt, during the 2008 presidential campaign to kill and bury stories about Obama’s relationship with “Reverend” Jeremiah Wright;
- their push to deliberately smear innocent conservative journalists and politicos as “racists” and “bigots”
- their twisted passion to see Rush Limbaugh killed off and dead;
- their intolerant desire to have the government censor and shut down Fox News; and
- their baldly partisan effort to coordinate liberal talking points that would discredit Sarah Palin and John McCain, while helping to elect Barack Obama president.
Considering that Journolist included journalists from Washington Post, the New York Times, National Public Radio, New Republic, and Time, one has to wonder if the biggest story covered up in 2008 was the illegal coordination between ACORN and the Obama campaign.
“In 2008 the liberal media provided the cover needed for Obama to get elected, but two years later, questions remain about his relationship with ACORN and it has been clear that Obama has lied repeatedly to the American people. Its time to get Obama and ACORN on the record about what really happened with the donor lists in 2007 and 2008.
The release of the Obama donor list to the public will be followed by a formal complaint to the FEC, which both Obama and ACORN will have to respond to – on-the-record.
In 2009, the Democrat controlled Judiciary Committee heard testimony from attorney Heather Heidelbaugh, who read my 2008 testimony against ACORN into Congressional record. Evidence, and sworn testimony were among the facts ignored by the members of the committee:
“Based on the testimony, Project Vote, ACORN and other ACORN affiliated entities illegally coordinated activities with the Obama presidential campaign, converting the expenditures by Project Vote, ACORN and ACORN affiliated entities to illegal, excessive corporate contributions to the Obama presidential campaign, in violation of federal law.”
ACORN obtained this donor list from the Obama Campaign in 2007 to target maxed out presidential donors.
As a confidential source for the New York Times, I turned this document over to reporter Stephanie Strom months before the 2008 presidential elections and though the list includes information more complete than what the Obama campaign turned over to the Federal Election Commission, the NYT decided to bury the story.”